Five new people have recovered from the new coronavirus, while 52 new confirmed cases have been registered in Morocco since yesterday.
The Polisario Front announced the death of its coordinator with MINURSO Mhamed Khaddad, who was also responsible for its «foreign relations». Khaddad is considered as one of the first generation members and leaders of the separatist movement and he was assigned several offices in the past. The Polisario Front announced a mourning period of a whole week in the camps, starting on Monday.
To answer this question, Yabiladi called tens of doctors and clinics in six differnet cities to determine who is still operating during the coronavirus crisis. While some of them were still open, several clinics and doctors’ offices closed their doors amid the outbreak.
Morocco recorded, between Tuesday night and Wednesday, 638 confirmed coronavirus cases, the Health Ministry announced. The number of deaths from coronavirus has reached 37, while that of people who recovered after contracting the virus has risen to 26, the ministry said. 2,561 people have tested negative for the virus so far. The 638 cases that tested positive for Covid-19 are located in the regions of Casa-Settat (179), Marrakech Safi (115), Rabat Salé Kenitra (111),
The German club of Schalke 04 has decided to sanction Amine Harit, for having visited a shisha bar during containment, BeINsports reports. On Wednesday, Jochen Schneider, the sporting director of S04, revealed that the former Nantes player was fined. He will also have to carry out an action in favor of a supporters' association. Harit had just published a video on social media in which he urged fans to stay at home and do everything to stop the spread of the virus. Schneider said the
While Morocco is under a lockdown to limit the spread of the novel coronavirus, stray animals have been left to their own device. With no food, some of them could starve to death.
Faced with uncertainties related to the novel coronavirus pandemic, the Saudi authorities called on Tuesday, Muslims from all countries to suspend their Hajj preparations. Belgian news agency Belga recalls that earlier in March, the Wahhabi kingdom suspended the umra ritual to avoid the spread of the virus. This measure has raised concerns about the future of this great religious rite, which brings together millions of pilgrims from different countries each year. Quoted by Belga, Saudi
Director of Epidemiology at the ministry of Health, Mohamed El Youbi, denied on Tuesday reports on the acquisition by Morocco of 100,000 coronavirus testing kits from a South Korean firm. «These are fake news», El Youbi told MAP. Morocco does indeed receive testing kits from several countries, but the figure of 100.000 kits is «speculative», he pointed out. The number rejected by Lyoubi was, however,announced, Friday, by the Ministry of Finance. In an official
Ten new people have recovered from the new coronavirus, while 68 new confirmed cases have been registered in Morocco since yesterday. The Kingdom is also moving towards expanding the list of laboratories that can screen for Covid-19.
Having the EU-Morocco association agreement cover products originating from Western Sahara is a new challenge to Morocco. The decision was announced Tuesday through the Official Journal of the European Union.